Here are some events happening in town that may be worth checking out:
- The Nutley Board of Education is scheduled to meet Monday at 6:30 p.m. in the John H. Walker Middle School Music Room on Franklin Avenue.
- The Belleville Board of Education is scheduled to meet Monday at 7 p.m. in the Belleville High School library, 100 Passaic Ave.
- The Golden Age Club will meet on Tuesday at the Parks and Recreation Building at 44 Park Ave. in Nutley. This senior citizens group meets every Tuesday. For more information, call the Parks and Recreation Department at 973-284-4966.
- The Belleville Rent Leveling Board will meet Monday at 7 p.m. in the council chambers, at Town Hall, 152 Washington Ave.
- The Belleville Township Council will meet Tuesday at 7 p.m. in the council chambers, at Town Hall, 152 Washington Ave.
- The Nutley Health Department will offer a free blood pressure screening, on Monday from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Public Affairs building on Chestnut Street.
- At the Nutley Library, ESL classes will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 80 Booth Drive.
- The Nutley Library will host Magic Night Story time from 7 to 9 p.m. tomorrow.
There are also some also programs coming up this week at the Belleville Library, at 221 Washington Ave.
- One-On-One Computer Classes - Call Librarian Karyn Gost at (973) 450-3434 to make an appointment to learn how to surf the internet and set up an email account. Tutoring is for Belleville library card holders only.
- Essex County Passport Outreach This program is available every second Thursday of the month at the Belleville Public Library and Information Center. Application and renewal of passports, Notary Public Oaths, Veterans Peddler Licenses and Physician License filing are the services available.
- Visit the Intrepid and the American Museum of Natural History - The library has added the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum at Pier 86 in New York City to its museum membership collection. Library members may make reservations for free passes at the library circulation desk. Tickets are also available for the American Museum of Natural History at a cost of $7 per person. Call the library at (973) 450-3434 to make your reservations.
- Storytime features story books, songs and socializing Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.