Belleville Library Featuring Free Events
Each library offering lots of activities for the end of the summer and into the fall.
Summer may be coming to a close, but there are still lots of fun things to do at the Belleville Public Library.
The library - located at 221 Washington Avenue - offers many of its programs for free, though some cost a nominal fee.
- For the younger set, there are film showings on Fridays at 2 p.m. “The Little Mermaid is on Aug. 24th, with “Up” on Aug. 31st.
- Monday nights are a great night to visit the library. There are two programs left as part of the Eight Great Live Monday Night Series that takes place at 6:30 p.m - The Josh Herman Marionette Theater on Aug. 20th and Joe Fischer's The Juggling Club on Aug. 27th. Both are free of charge for the entire family.
- Dreamers' Workshop continues on Tuesdays at 2 p.m., and features activities, games and crafts that explore dreams
- Storytime features story books, songs and socializing Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
- For adults, there is Margery Lordi’s English Tea on Sunday, Sept. 23rd at 2 p.m. Tickets are required and cost $12. It is optional to bring your own cup and saucer.
- Adults can visit museums for free, by borrowing free admission tickets to the American Museum of Natural History, althought for that, the cost is $7 per ticket, and the Intrepid Museum is free. To get a pass, call the Circulation Desk at 973-450-3434 for information. To reserve museum passes, a $40 deposit is required, which will be returned when passes are given back to library.
- For children, “Get Your Game On” is Fridays, from 2 to 4 p.m. Children can stop by the library every Friday for a gaming afternoon.
- On Tuesday, Aug. 28, from 2 to 4 p.m., the library has “Artsy Crafty Dreams: Catch a Dream!"
For more information on these and other programs, call the library at 973-450-3434.