Board of Education, Blood Pressure Screenings Coming Up This Week
The Nutley Board of Education meets Monday night, while Nutley has two free blood pressure screenings, while both Nutley and Belleville libraries continue summer programs into Labor Day weekend.
What's happening in Belleville and Nutley this week?
Here are some events happening in town that may be worth checking out:
- The Nutley Board of Education will hold a public meeting on Monday, Aug. 27 at 6:30 p.m. in the John H. Walker Middle School music room on Franklin Avenue.
- The Nutley Health Department will havee free blood pressure screenings, first on Monday, Aug. 27 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. and again on Tuesday, Aug. 28, from 1:30 to 3 p.m. at the Public Affairs building on Chestnut Street.
- At the Nutley Library, ESL classes will be held on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
- The Nutley Library will host Magic Night Story time from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday.
There are also some programs coming up this week at the Belleville Library, at 221 Washington Ave.
- On Monday night, the Eight Great Live Monday Night Series takes place at 6:30 p.m.
- Dreamers' Workshop continues on Tuesdays at 2 p.m., and features activities, games and crafts that explore dreams.
- Storytime features story books, songs and socializing Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Fridays is the "Get Your Game On" program where children can play video games at the library.
For more information on these and other programs, call the library at 973-450-3434.