.
News Alert
UPDATE: Massive Brush Fire Rages In Berkeley,…

Accidental House Fire Contained in Belleville

Firefighters quickly extinguish a fire at a one-family home on DeWitt Avenue late Monday evening.

Belleville firefighters quickly extinguished a late-night fire that broke out in a one-family home on DeWitt Avenue  Monday night. 

The cause of the fire, which startedin the second-floor front bedroom, was deemed accidental. The house was a three-story, Colonial-style wood-framed home.

Officials blamed an overloaded electrical cord, Battalion Chief George Pedalino said. 

No firefighters or residents of the home were injured in teh blaze.

The house sustained heavy fire damage to the second floor, Pedalino said, and water and smoke damage throughout.  However, he said, the quick response limited fire damage and the structure should be able to be repaired.

Firefighters searched the house to make sure everyone inside escaped safely, and the fire was quickly “knocked down,” Pedalino said.

The fire was called in at 11:26 p.m. and declared under control at midnight, before being completely extinguished by 12:50 a.m., he said.

“No civilians or firefighters were injured,” Pedalino said.

The home’s residents have been temporarily relocated, but Pedalino said the details of their plans were not known Tuesday afternoon.

The residents can return to the home after fire code officials approve repairs.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something