Here are some events happening in town that may be worth checking out:
- As the summer winds down, the Belleville mayor and council are sponsoring the annual "Just a Party," on Thursday, Sept. 20, from 6 to 10 p.m. at the Walgreens shopping plaza on Franklin Avenue, between Joralemon Street and Continental Avenue. The date was changed from Sept. 18 on Friday. The rain date is Monday, Sept. 24. "Just a Party" is an annual event open to all Belleville residents that features food, musical entertainment and attractions for kids.
- The Nutley Zoning Board will meet Monday at 7:30 p.m. in the Commission Chambers at Town Hall on Chestnut Street.
- The Golden Age Club will meet on Tuesday at the Parks and Recreation Building at 44 Park Ave. in Nutley. This senior citizens group meets every Tuesday. For more information, call the Parks and Recreation Department at 973-284-4966.
- The Nutley Health Department will offer free blood pressure screenings, on Monday from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. and on Tuesday from 1:30 to 3 p.m. at the Public Affairs building on Chestnut Street.
- At the Nutley Library, ESL classes will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
- The Nutley Library will host Magic Night Story time from 7 to 9 p.m. tomorrow.
There are also some also programs coming up this week at the Belleville Library, at 221 Washington Ave.
- English Tea - Tickets are now on sale for the annual Friends of the Library English Tea to be held on Sunday Sept. 23rd at 2 p.m. at the library. Tickets are $15 each and may be purchased at the Circulation Desk. Tickets are limited and sell out quickly, so don’t miss your chance to attend this event.
- One-On-One Computer Classes - Call Librarian Karyn Gost at (973) 450-3434 to make an appointment to learn how to surf the internet and set up an email account. Tutoring is for Belleville library card holders only.
- Essex County Passport Outreach This program is available every second Thursday of the month at the Belleville Public Library and Information Center. Application and renewal of passports, Notary Public Oaths, Veterans Peddler Licenses and Physician License filing are the services available.
- Visit the Intrepid and the American Museum of Natural History - The library has added the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum at Pier 86 in New York City to its museum membership collection. Library members may make reservations for free passes at the library circulation desk. Tickets are also available for the American Museum of Natural History at a cost of $7 per person. Call the library at (973) 450-3434 to make your reservations.
- Storytime features story books, songs and socializing Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.