As we look ahead to November’s elections, Belleville-Nutley Patch is devoted to bring you the information you need about every race that will impact the town. Though there are no local elections, there are plenty of other races you will be voting in. Here's our start on the candidates and issues we'll be covering as November draws near. Bookmark this page for updates.
- Essex County Sheriff: Sheriff Armando Fontoura, a Democrat, will square off against Orlando Mendez in November.
- Hudson County Democrat Albio Sires will oppose Maria Karczewski in the fall, in the district that used to belong to U.S. Rep. Bill Pascrell and includes portions of Newark.
- U.S. Senate: U.S. Senator Bob Menendez (D), the junior United States Senator from New Jersey who was first appointed in 2006 to fill Jon Corzine's seat, takes on Republican challenger Joe Kyrillos, who easily defeated three opponents in the primary.
- U.S. President: President Barack Obama will presumptively face former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in a campaign that has already focused heavily on the economy and job growth.
- Nutley Board of Education candidates: Incumbents Deborah J. Russo and Thomas J. Sposato will face challengers Alan Thomas, Ryan Kline and Kevin Georgetti for two seats on the Nutley School Board.