For generations, former Belleville High School students have gone on to enjoy exceptional success in the arts. Famed balladeer Connie Francis, 50s-era girl trio The Delicates, several members of rock supergroup The Four Seasons (subject of the hit Broadway play Jersey Boys), acclaimed actor Joe Pesci, as well as the founding members of the contemporary alt-rock band My Chemical Romance are all former Belleville High students. BHS, home of the Buccaneers, remains committed to nurturing students of all abilities and interests.
The school's broad range of academic offerings include a number of Advanced Placement classes as well as extracurricular activities for academically advanced students. These programs are complemented by one of the most comprehensive vocational education programs in the region. Students in the program receive practical, hands-on training in fields ranging from cosmetology to auto mechanics. BHS also boasts state-of-the-art athletic facilities as well as a radio and television station, where students have been learning the broadcast arts since 1980.
The school's administration has committed itself to meeting several goals by 2014, including improving the academic performance of every single student and ensuring that all students are equipped with the skills necessary to thrive in the 21st century workplace. The Board of Education offices are located at the school and the board meets at the school library.
- Handicap Accessible: Accessible side entrances are located at street level.
- Founding Date: 1891
- Number of students: 1,471
- Male-to-female ratio: 761/706
- Public/Private: Public
- Graduation rate (%): 94.5
- Accreditation/licenses: Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 11.1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 133
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: There are honors and advanced placement classes available in English, world languages, math, science, art history and social studies.
- Extracurricular activities available: WBHS Channel 34 radio and television station; theater arts; student newspaper; jazz ensemble; yearbook; student government; marching band; theatrical stage technology
- Student clubs: AIDS/HIV Prevention; math; conflict mediation; mock trial; cosmetology; computer club; Family Careers & Leaders of America; Octagon; Future Business Leaders of America; PEP; Interact; Italian/Latin; World Language; Key Club
- Sports teams: Baseball; basketball (boys and girls); bowling (boys and girls); cross-country; football; golf; softball; soccer (boys and girls); tennis (boys and girls); spring track (boys and girls); winter track; volleyball (boys and girls); wrestling